Data Leakage Prevention
Data Loss Prevention (DLP) is the practice of detecting and preventing data breaches, exfiltration, or unwanted destruction of sensitive data. Organizations use DLP to protect and secure their data and comply with regulations.
The DLP term refers to defending organizations against both data loss and data leakage prevention. Data loss refers to an event in which important data is lost to the enterprise, such as in a ransomware attack. Data loss prevention focuses on preventing illicit transfer of data outside organizational boundaries.
Organizations typically use DLP to:
- Protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and comply with relevant regulations
- Protect Intellectual Property critical for the organization
- Achieve data visibility in large organizations
- Secure mobile workforce and enforce security in Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) environments
- Secure data on remote cloud systems
Components of a Data Loss Solution
- Securing data in motion — technology installed at the network edge can analyze traffic to detect sensitive data sent in violation of security policies.
- Securing endpoints — endpoint-based agents can control information transfer between users, groups of users, and external parties. Some endpoint-based systems can block attempted communications in real time and provide user feedback.
- Securing data at rest — access control, encryption and data retention policies can protect archived organizational data.
- Securing data in use — some DLP systems can monitor and flag unauthorized activities that users may intentionally or unintentionally perform in their interactions with data.
- Data identification — it is crucial to determine if data needs to be protected or not. Data can be defined as sensitive either done manually by applying rules and metadata, or automatically via techniques like machine learning.
- Data leak detection — DLP solutions and other security systems like IDS, IPS, and SIEM, identify data transfers that are anomalous or suspicious. These solutions also alert security staff of a possible data leak.
Normally implementing DLP solutions create issues during initial stage. As DLP solution monitor and control data transfer. Our team of expert work with business to provide solution of secure data transfer and storage.We have the expertise in implementing various leading DLP solutions such as Symantec DLP, McAfee DLP, Sophos DLP, Seqrite EPS etc.